Friday, January 9, 2015

My Winter Break

This winter break was probably one of the coolest breaks I have had in a while. Although my family from Texas didn't come like planned we enjoyed it with the family here in California. I also got in touch with an old childhood friend and we became really close these past two weeks. There was absolutely no drama, nobody was hurt, and there was lots of gatherings.

On my birthday (December 23rd) my cousins came over and so did my nephew, we all ate Pollo Loco. That day I got some make-up supplies, some money, and a lot of balloons. On Christmas Eve we all got together at my uncle and aunt's house. We ate, some played video games, some played family games, others danced, and finally it was time to open the presents. Most adults got emotional. That day I got more make-up, and some clothes. I also got to buy my nephew, his sister, and his mom a present for Christmas. On New Years we stayed in our house and my uncle and a family friend came over. I cooked for the entire family, it was super stressing! Then it was Dia De La Rosca, it's an hispanic tradition, but it wasn't apart of break. We still gathered at my uncle and aunt's house and ate.

Winter break made me realize how hard 2014 was but how happy I am that it ended on a good note. I loved having the opportunity to have spent it with my family with no interruptions, but most importantly to have had my home after a year. I hope next winter break it better!


No comments:

Post a Comment